The Telford Steam Railway
Telford Steam Railway
The Telford Steam Railway is located in Dawley, a few miles from Ironbridge, where the Ironbridge world Heritage
site is located.
The TSR runs for a little under a mile and runs in a Y shape from Spring Village station up to Heath Hill tunnel where the railway is building an extension through the tunnel to Lawley common. It then runs back down to Horsehay & Dawley and Return.
From Horsehay & Dawley the line is being extended towards Ironbridge.
There is plenty to do around the area too. There is a restaurant, miniature railway, Rare narrow gauge Steam Tram and a Play Area.
The Best Bits: As I said above there is plenty to do, and the staff are very friendly!
Operating days: Weekends April to September.
Line Length: 3/4 of a mile.
- Peckett & Sons Ltd 0-4-0ST No.1722 ‘Rocket’
- Belgium 0-4-0VB No.2945 ‘Yvonne’
- GWR 56XX class 0-6-2T No.5619 (Currently on loan to various railways)
- Ruston Hornsby 0-4-0DH No. 525947 ‘Rusty’
- BR Class 08 0-6-0DH No.D3429